Patient history taking
Lucy Ward Senior staff nurse, St. Helier, Jersey
A learning zone article helped Lucy Ward to appreciate and improve a key nursing skill in person-centred care
Reading the learning zone article on taking a patient history encouraged me to reflect on this core clinical skill. I have worked in a variety of different areas of nursing since I qualified as a nurse more than ten years ago, and taking a patient history is a skill that is applicable to all areas of nursing.
Nursing Standard. 27, 8, 59-59. doi: 10.7748/ns2012.10.27.8.59.c9368
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now