Nursing care and management of patients with pruritus
Ann Davies Clinical nurse specialist in dermatology, Welsh Institute of Dermatology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
This article discusses common pruritic conditions. It emphasises the importance of good history taking and provides a description of the topical treatments and measures that can be used to alleviate the patient’s symptoms.
Nursing Standard. 21, 41, 51-57. doi: 10.7748/ns2007.06.21.41.51.c4633Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now