Improving the numeracy skills of nurse prescribers
Paul Warburton Lecturer and module co-ordinator, Non-Medical Prescribing Programme, Edge Hill University, Liverpool
Peter Kahn Senior professional development adviser, University of Manchester, Manchester
With the expansion of nurse prescribing to include the whole British National Formulary, it is essential that all prescribing nurses can accurately calculate and check medication doses. A more uniform approach to professional education for nurse prescribers is needed. This process would be assisted by dissemination of existing good practice and adjustments to the current national standards of assessment.
21, 28, 40-43.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now