Implementing supervisory status for senior charge nurses
Margot Russell Deputy director, NMAHP Practice Development Centre, NHS Lanarkshire, Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Clare McGuire Programme manager, Leading Better Care, University of the West of Scotland, Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland
This article is the fourth in a series of seven articles relating to the implementation of Leading Better Care (LBC). It describes two projects that were undertaken concurrently within NHS Lanarkshire to support senior charge nurses to work effectively within the role framework of LBC, with enhanced supervisory status. The article discusses the background and aims of the projects, their findings and the resulting action taken by NHS Lanarkshire.
29, 12, 37-43.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Received: 30 April 2014
Accepted: 27 June 2014
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now