Words can hurt - how the language of ‘pain catastrophisation’ has had its day
People who live with chronic pain can feel belittled by the terminology clinicians use
Living with chronic pain can cast a long shadow over someone’s life, with the distress felt by some historically labelled by clinicians as ‘pain catastrophising’.
35, 9, 69-71.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now