How to recognise and treat pain in someone with dementia
Lynn Pearce Health journalist
When nurses ‘think pain’ and take appropriate action, it can transform patients’ lives
In 2018 Julie Willoughby came up with the idea for a campaign to help raise awareness of pain in people with dementia. But the seeds of the campaign were sown many years ago, when a shocking incident on an acute hospital ward made her appreciate the lack of awareness of the issue in general healthcare settings.
Nursing Standard. 34, 4, 52-55. doi: 10.7748/ns.34.4.52.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now