Creating a ‘take a break’ culture
Lynne Pearce Freelance health journalist
When nurses routinely skip breaks they put their health at risk, affecting themselves and their patients. Now some employers are promoting a culture change
Taking a break at work is increasingly seen as a bonus rather than a necessity, with some nursing staff reporting going hours without a drink and even struggling to find time to go to the toilet.
33, 3, 64-66.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now