Chronic wounds: treating the cause rather than simply covering it with a dressing
A nurse-led national wound care strategy aims to banish assumptions about ‘chronic’ wounds
Una Adderley was one week into her first community nursing post when she met the patient who would shape her career. The woman had leg ulcers, and it was the horror of what the young nurse saw – and the helplessness she felt – that ignited her passion for wound care.
34, 10, 69-71.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now