Dee Green Senior Tutor, Department of Continuing Nursing Education, Camberwell Health Authority
Dee Green reports on the professional development of the staff nurse
The study carried out by Lathlean, Smith and Bradley (1) in 1986 for King's College, University of London, showed that there were a variety of problems and concerns among new staff nurses, some of which were serious enough to affect the nurse's ability to cope in her first post following registration.
3, 19, 32-32.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now