Culture change is not the only way to address mistakes in the NHS
Confessing to an error at work can be difficult for fear of the consequences, especially if these might include being struck off your professional register. So it is hardly surprising that some nurses can be reluctant to own up after realising that they have administered the wrong drug or an incorrect dosage.
32, 28, 3-3.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now