When a cure is unwanted
Ian Hulatt Consultant editor, Mental Health Practice
People can be surprisingly positive about aspects of long-term conditions and understanding this can help nurses build a strong therapeutic alliance
Living with any long-term diagnosis brings challenges and a person’s identity can soon become entangled with the demands of their condition.
34, 1, 35-35.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now