Putting feet first for patients with diabetes
Dan Howarth Head of care, Diabetes UK
Good foot care is the key to reducing the rising number of lower limb amputations
The number of diabetes-related amputations in the UK is at record levels. More than 8,800 procedures were carried out in 2016/17 which equates to 25 minor and major amputations a day, or more than 170 a week.
35, 1, 51-52.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now