Professional status was hard-won – sadly now it’s under attack
Nicki Credland Chair, British Association of Critical Care Nurses
A growing trend of recruiting allied health professionals to ‘nursing’ roles underlines why the title of nurse must be protected in law
Does a chief nurse in the NHS need a nursing qualification? And should any job with ‘nurse’ in the title be advertised as open to others who have ‘equivalent’ qualifications?
36, 12, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now