Patients’ needs trump beliefs in abortion care
Michael Nevill Director, Nursing at the British Pregnancy Advisory Service
Nurses’ right to abstain from any role in a termination is at odds with the duty to provide non-judgemental care
As director of nursing at BPAS, I believe it is of the utmost importance that the staff we employ are comfortable with all of the services we provide. This includes termination of pregnancy up to 24 weeks.
33, 8, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now