My employer won’t allow comfort breaks during a shift: what are my legal rights?
How and when your breaks must be provided to meet UK working regulations
Under the Working Time Regulations 1988, UK workers are entitled to a minimum 20-minute break when working for six hours or more.
36, 5, 27-27.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now