Hello, my name is Abby, so don’t call me ‘the student’
Abby Martin Third year mental health nursing student, University of Essex
Nursing students should have a reasonable expectation of feeling they are valued members of the healthcare team. So please, if you don’t know who we are, just ask
Hello, my name is Abby. I’m a nursing student on the ward for the next eight weeks, how are you?’
34, 4, 23-23.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now