Does my employer have to give me time off for a job interview?
Your nursing contract may not cover this step in your job search, so be prepared to negotiate
As with most things job related, your contract of employment will detail whether you are entitled to time off to attend a job interview and, if so, whether this time off will be paid or not.
35, 10, 22-22.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now