Chest drain removal
Janet Hunter Lecturer in adult nursing, City Community and Health Sciences, incorporating St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, London
This article provides a step-by-step approach to the removal of chest drains and offers a rationale for practice. It also discusses indications for chest drain removal and potential complications associated with the procedure.
Nursing Standard. 22, 45, 35-38. doi: 10.7748/ns2008.07.22.45.35.c6590Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now