When friendly is too friendly, and knowing where to draw the line
The therapeutic relationship between nurse and patient requires a clear boundary, to maintain professionalism as well as warmth
Establishing therapeutic relationships with patients is an essential part of nursing practice, enabling the development of trust and respect and allowing patients to be treated with dignity.
36, 12, 27-28.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now