Care of dying patients
Denise Heming Lecturer Practitioner/Practice Development Nurse, Palliative Care, Salisbury Hospice/Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University
Ann Colmer Team Leader, Community/Hospital Palliative Care Teams, Salisbury Hospice, Salisbury
This article provides an overview of the care required by patients in the last 48-72 hours of life, as well as the support required by carers.
18, 10, 47-54.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now