What is the National Early Warning Score (NEWS2) and why is it important?
NEWS2 has created a common language so nurses can act quickly to help deteriorating patients – but clinical judgement is still vital
Rapid treatment saves lives but efficient systems help too, and the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) is now well established as a way to help detect life-threatening deterioration in patients.
36, 8, 14-16.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now