The toll of unpaid overtime – and why it is time to say no
Most nurses work beyond their hours, often unpaid, but relying on their goodwill to cover staff shortages is damaging for retention, well-being and care quality
Nurses working longer than their set hours is not a problem for a minority – it is the norm.
37, 7, 19-21.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now