Support for people starting a new life in a care home
Mary Maclean Adult nurse lecturer, University of Huddersfield
When older people pack their belongings to move into permanent care, nurses can offer emotional support
While many nurses involved in hospital discharges are well trained to support patients’ physical and practical needs, the intense emotional needs of someone transitioning into a permanent care setting are often not identified and supported.
Nursing Older People.
34, 3, 10-10.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now