Shingles: risks, diagnosis, treatment and prevention
Find out about possible complications and vaccination advice for people over 70 with shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is an infection of a nerve and the skin around it. It is caused by the reactivation of the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox, says the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Nursing Older People.
34, 3, 12-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now