Face masks: a guide for nurses to reassure patients
Lesley Carter Clinical lead for professionals and practice, Age UK, Department of Health
Compulsory face coverings can pose particular challenges in nursing patients who are deaf or have dementia
Face coverings are going to be with us for quite some time and will present an additional communication hurdle now compulsory to wear face coverings in hospitals, on public transport and in places where social distancing is not always possible. This means we will all need to find new ways to communicate with each other.
Nursing Older People. 32, 4, 10-11. doi: 10.7748/nop.32.4.10.s4
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now