Future nurse leaders
Gwyn Grout Nurse consultant, mental health liaison (older people), Hampshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, NHS Education South Central (NESC), Basingstoke, Hampshire
Jane Winson Nurse consultant trainee, NESC, community team base, Havant, Hampshire
Mentor Gwyn Grout and trainee Jane Winson discuss their experiences of an innovative programme to develop clinical consultant practitioners
This article examines NHS Education South Central’s innovative approach to the development of future consultant practitioners through its mental health consultant practitioner trainee programme. The programme’s background, development and implementation are explored. The programme lead and a trainee reflect on their experiences of the initiative.
Nursing Older People.
21, 8, 16-20.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now