What is involved in a comprehensive geriatric assessment?
Nicole Edwards Consultant practitioner (developmental role), Wiltshire Health and Care, Chippenham, Wiltshire
The assessment can help nurses support older people living with frailty by providing a person-centred and holistic review of their health
Supporting older people living with frailty is one of the main clinical challenges in the NHS, with the percentage of the UK population aged 65 years or over estimated to increase from 17% in 2010 to 23% by 2035 (Fisher et al 2014).
Nursing Older People.
35, 5, 20-21.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now