How do I manage delirium in older people with COVID-19?
Angeline Price Advanced clinical practitioner, Ageing and Complex Medicine Department, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford
Delirium is a common COVID-19 symptom and it can increase the risk of death
What is the link between COVID-19 and delirium?
As the pandemic has unfolded it has become apparent that COVID-19 presents differently in older people, especially in those with frailty. Studies have shown that one third of older patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 have delirium at the time of presentation.
Nursing Older People.
33, 1, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now