Why care homes are caught between a rock and a hard place
Nicky Hayes Consultant editor, Nursing Older People
Tension in the English care home sector is mounting following the requirement that the workforce, including volunteers, must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus by 11 November 2021, unless exempt (page 7). Government statistics from 24 August show that 80.9% of staff of older adult care homes had received both doses of the vaccine.
Nursing Older People.
33, 5, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now