Delayed discharge rate remains ‘stubbornly high’, says NHS Providers
Nick Evans Freelance writer
Extra funding for the emergency care system may not be enough to improve the care of frail, older patients
Ministers have made improving the way the urgent and emergency care system works for frail, older patients a priority. This year, councils in England have been given an extra £1 billion for social care, with another £1 billion promised over the next two years.
Nursing Older People. 29, 8, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/nop.29.8.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now