Patient mobilisation: why the risk of falls should not be a barrier
Bed may seem safe for older frail patients, but preventing deconditioning by supporting people to mobilise is a hallmark of holistic nursing care
With two older relatives in hospital in one year, retired senior nurse Anne Cooper was surprised to be told neither would be supported to mobilise until a physiotherapist had assessed them.
Nursing Older People.
34, 3, 6-8.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now