Diogenes syndrome: how to spot and act on signs of self-neglect
In older people self-neglect can be associated with depression, hoarding and other mental health problems, and nurses need to develop care strategies to help
Self-neglect is an extreme lack of self-care, sometimes associated with hoarding, and may be a result of other issues such as addictions, according to the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE).
Nursing Older People.
35, 1, 6-8.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now