Pandemic poses new tests of nursing leadership
Sally Bassett Chair, RCN nurses in management and leadership forum
Helen Stanley Committee member, RCN nurses in management and leadership forum
The compassionate application of nursing science during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic deserves recognition
Nurses, along with other care colleagues, have been described during the COVID-19 pandemic as heroes and saviours. Some have died as a consequence of providing this care, possibly because they had inadequate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Nursing Management. 27, 3, 19-19. doi: 10.7748/nm.27.3.19.s13
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now