Mental healthcare reform must reduce racial disparity
Helena Ann Mitchel Mental health researcher, member, RCN mental health forum, College’s black, Asian and minority ethnic subgroup
Stephen Jones RCN professional lead, Mental health
Many black people find their first crisis interaction with the mental health sector involves the police
The need for change to the mental healthcare and treatment of black people in the UK is widely acknowledged and long overdue – discriminatory and inequality practices still persist.
28, 6, 15-16.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now