When assessing pain in children, ask the parents
Chris Steele Third-year children’s nursing student, Edge University, Ormskirk
Good communication is vital in the interpretation of paediatric early warning systems
Preventable pain and trauma in children with complex needs often occurs when paediatric early warning systems (PEWS) and pain assessment tools cannot accommodate patient needs.
Nursing Children and Young People.
31, 3, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now