Don’t forget to involve the fathers in conversations
Eleanor Willis Roald Dahl nurse specialist for children with medical complexity, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
When talking to parents of children with complex needs, nurses should ensure their communication is inclusive
Sometimes a conversation with a patient or carer can prompt us to seek change, especially when we gain insight or awareness of an issue that challenges our values as a nurse.
Nursing Children and Young People.
36, 1, 15-16.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now