School nurse numbers drop by 30% since 2010, says RCN
Public health budget cuts cause numbers to dwindle across the UK
Pupils across the UK may have returned to school this month without the nursing care they need, the RCN warns. The college said that the number of school nurses has fallen by 30% since 2010, with about 2,100 working among the 32,113 schools in the UK.
Nursing Children and Young People.
31, 5, 6-6.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now