Messages must be crafted to limit distress
Jane Chudleigh Programme director and senior lecturer in child health, City University of London
Poor or inappropriate communication strategies about positive blood spot screening of newborns (NBS) results can influence parental outcomes in the short term (Ulph et al 2015) but may also have a longer-term impact on children and families (Tluczek et al 2015).
Nursing Children and Young People.
31, 6, 16-16.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now