Button batteries, plastic toys and coins: how to treat children who ingest foreign bodies
Analysis Previous     Next

Button batteries, plastic toys and coins: how to treat children who ingest foreign bodies

Erin Dean Health journalist

The number of children and teenagers being treated after ingesting foreign bodies is rising

Picking up a small toy or coin and swallowing it – or poking it up their nose or into their ear – is a common reason for many small children ending up in a hospital emergency department (ED).

Nursing Children and Young People. 34, 1, 6-7. doi: 10.7748/ncyp.34.1.6.s2

Want to read more?

Already subscribed? Log in

OR

Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today

Save over 50% on your first 3 months

Your subscription package includes:
  • Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
  • Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
  • RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
  • RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
  • Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Subscribe
RCN student member? Try Nursing Standard Student

Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now

Or