Thousands of service users missing from inpatient settings
Mental health charity SANE blames years of ‘relentless cuts’ for creating appalling conditions on wards
NHS figures show that 3,462 people who had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act 1983 went absent without leave (AWOL) from treatment centres between April 2018 and March 2019.
Mental Health Practice.
22, 5, 6-6.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now