The de-escalation skills you need to handle conflict situations
Nurses in every setting face tensions and difficult situations involving patients, families and even colleagues. Employ these de-escalation skills to manage conflict
Healthcare often involves strong emotions and difficult situations, making staying calm when things are starting to escalate a vital skill for nurses.
Mental Health Practice.
26, 6, 19-20.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now