Environments and older people with dementia
Lynne Phair Nursing and Care Management Adviser, RSAS AgeCare;
Hazel Heath Independent Nurse Adviser and Consultant Editor, Nursing Older People
The environment can have a profound effect on the quality of life for older people. This article describes how living and care environments can be improved for older people with cognitive impairment. Adapting the environment for the benefit of older people is now recognised as an important aspect of holistic care and even small improvements can make a big difference.
Mental Health Practice.
4, 9, 32-37.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now