Environments and older people with dementia
Lynne Phair Nursing and Care Management Adviser, RSAS AgeCare;
Hazel Heath Independent Nurse Adviser and Consultant Editor, Nursing Older People
The environment can have a profound effect on the quality of life for older people. This article describes how living and care environments can be improved for older people with cognitive impairment. Adapting the environment for the benefit of older people is now recognised as an important aspect of holistic care and even small improvements can make a big difference.
Mental Health Practice.
4, 9, 32-37.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now