Shame and stigma: why nurses fear seeking help when they reach rock bottom
There’s been an ‘exponential’ increase in suicide attempts among nurses during the pandemic. Here’s how to help yourself or a colleague in need
In 2011 in England and Wales, 44 nurses took their own lives, according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Mental Health Practice.
24, 6, 6-8.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now