Diogenes syndrome: how to recognise and act on signs of self-neglect in older people
Self-neglect can be associated with hoarding and other mental health problems
Self-neglect is an extreme lack of self-care, sometimes associated with hoarding, and may be a result of other issues such as addictions, according to the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE).
Mental Health Practice.
26, 2, 10-11.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now