The American experience
Wendy Nehring Acting Associate Dean for Educational Services and Professor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Nursing, Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Nurses in the USA who specialise in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities perform a wide variety of roles. Wendy Nehring reports
As in other countries, the choice of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) as a nursing specialty is not common among nurses in the United States.
Learning Disability Practice.
6, 3, 20-22.
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests