Nothing about us without us
Jon Glasby Lecturer at the health services management centre, University of Birmingham
Valuing people is a series of four national seminars for senior managers in health and social care. in the first of a number of articles on the seminar series, Jon Glasby calls for a greater emphasis on user involvement
In March 2001 Valuing People set out a range of proposals for improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and their families and carers (Department of Health 2001). The first learning disability White Paper since its 1971 predecessor, the government’s strategy centred on four key principles:
Learning Disability Practice.
5, 10, 19-19.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now