Why I became a learning disability nurse – and how it inspires me
From college nurse to senior lecturer, five nurses explain how they were drawn to the specialty
‘It’s never too late to start over in life, because I didn’t come into learning disability nursing until I was nearly 40. Our first son was born with Down syndrome in 2000 and at the time I was working as a research scientist in the pharmaceutical industry.
Learning Disability Practice.
25, 6, 8-10.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now