A meeting of minds
Steve Hardy Training Co-ordinator, Anne Faulkner RMN, Practice Development Facilitator
Steve Higgins Senior Tutor, Estia Centre, Guy’s Hospital, London
Steve Hardy and colleagues invite LDP readers to join the newly formed Mental Health in Learning Disabilities Nurses Forum
By virtue of their disability, people with learning disabilities are vulnerable to developing mental health problems (Hardy and Bouras 2002). Prevalence rates of mental health problems among those with learning disabilities have recently been found to be roughly the same as in the general population, though higher rates of schizophrenia and phobic anxiety were reported (Deb et al 2001).
Learning Disability Practice.
6, 9, 21-21.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now