UK’s first emergency department dedicated to over-eighties opens its doors
Lynne Pearce Freelance health writer
A Norfolk trust’s new department is expected to treat about 18,000 older people annually
‘We recognised that the earlier we can assess our patients, the sooner we can get them back to full health, regaining their independence and avoiding hospital admission,’ says Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH) divisional nursing director for medicinew Kate Keeling.
Emergency Nurse. 25, 8, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/en.25.8.8.s7
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now