Anthony Summers Emergency care practitioner, University Hospital Lewisham, London
ANTHONY SUMMERS describes the signs and symptoms of fracture to the sternum and highlights the investigations that should be undertaken for patients with sternal injury
Emergency nurse practitioners (ENPs) are beginning to overcome the barriers that have confined their practice, and now see and assess patients who present with conditions whose treatment was once solely the domain of A&E doctors.
Emergency Nurse. 14, 4, 20-23. doi: 10.7748/en2006.07.14.4.20.c4234
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now